If your business would like to book us for a public or private events, please contact us directly: email@example.com
2 bar of Chloemason laundry soap ( 4 bar pack, $12 )
1 cup of washing soda ( 55 oz box at Walmart / $3.97 )
1 cup of borax ( 65 oz box at Walmart / $4.47 )
1/3 cup of baking soda ( 12 lb bag at Walmart / $7.57 )
Water ( hot water)
Essential oil (optional)
Tools you will need:
Hand blender or whisk.
Cheese shredder. This will be for soap only. You can get them at Walmart or event the Dollar store.
Big glass container. I love my pyrex 2 quart measuring cup!
Couple 16 - 32 oz mason jars.
(1) Shred 2 bars of Chloemason laundry soap. The soaps are very easy to shred and can be melt in the warm water easily.
(2) Add 4 cups of hot water to the shredded soap. Stir and melt until everything is dissolved. This won't take long at all!
(3) Add the borax (1 cup), washing soda(1 cup), and baking soda(1/3 cup) to the melted soapy water.
(4)Give the mixture a quick stir / blend with whisk or hand blender. NOW LET IT SIT UNTIL COOL! ** if you see the soap separate after a few minutes, it is totally normal. The mixture will look like yogurt float on top of soapy water.**
(5)In the gallon container or bucket, fill up with 6 cups of warm water. Mix the cooled soap mixture with the 6 cups of warm water in the bucket. Now BLEND BLEND BLEND to soap whip.
** The mixture will become "whip" like. No separation at this point. **
(6) ADD essential oil. 20 drops of essential oil of your choice. Blend again till smooth.
(7) Fill your mason jars with soap whip. You don't have to use mason jars. Any glass or plastic container that's clean and easy accessible can be used.
This soap is perfect for HE washing machine because it is low suds solution.
Regular load: Add 2 table spoon full to the wash machine first. Then add laundry.
Larger load: Use 3-4 table spoon.
TOTAL COST OF ONE BATCH OF SOAP WHIP: ~ $7.24 + tax. ( not including essential oil cost).
Chloemason will have monthly public events starting this August!
Mark your calendar for a night in Paris at Windsor Ranch on August 11th from 6pm - 8pm. We will set-up a soap booth at the American Legend Model Home. See ya there~
I have been reading a lot “plastic-free” slogan at quite a few places lately. Body wash, shampoo bars...etc. it is a great thought when plastic-free is promoted. You would automatically think that it is eco-friendly and it helps to reduce waste. However, what’s actually in the product that is Plastic-free may not be as healthy or environmental friendly as you think.
First and for most, many of these products has SLS added as a foaming agent. Sodium lauryl sulfate is a common chemical ingredient that you will often see in detergent or personal hygiene products. With over used of SLS compound in different cleaning products, the upper layer of human skin becomes sensitive and possibly irritated. Additionally, once the compound is down drained to waterway, it will take some time to degrade. The toxicity will, over time, containmnate the aquatic life. Therefore, for the plastic -free product that you have seeing and consider to purchase, we highly encourage to review the label carefully before buying!!
In the pictures above, I want to show you two products ( and all our soaps and skincare ) are completely SLS FREE. The first is a kitchen soap and the second is a beer soap. Both Items DO NOT use any foaming compound or stabilizers. For bubbles, we are using whole plant based oils such as organic coconut oil, sugar, honey, and other oils that has fatty-acid chain that supports the soap to make stable lather. There is no need of any preservative as well. It is “all natural” that your skin will say “thank you”!
So, at the end of the day, look beyond the marketing and advertising words of the product. Exam and consider what are actually added in the box.
Until next time.... have a happy and healthy week !!!
Oil on oil? Yes, the new best way to clean your face. This is a very simple process, yet most effective, especially if you have sensitive, acne prone facial skin.
STEP BY STEP:
(1) Take couple pumps of oil from Chloemason on your hand.
Which oil is best for you? Check out here: LET'S CHAT ABOUT FACE OILS!
(2) Massage the oil in circular motion on your face and neck. Take a few minutes to massage in.
(3) Warm wash cloth removal: Take a clean, fresh wash cloth and run it under warm / hot water. Dry it out and lay it over your face. Take sometime to press it in... warm steam helps open up the pores and loosen up the oil and dirt ( and make-up or sunscreen ). Give it a few minutes and wipe off your face. IF you are wearing a lot make-up that day. Use the same process again to loosen all the oil, dirt, and make up off your face.
Where to find them: https://www.chloemasonsoapcompany.com/store/c20/Face.html
In a little over 4 weeks, we are taking Chloe and Mason on our annual summer trip along with grandparents. We are visiting the northwest as well as on an Alaskan cruise!
No worries, I will be posting the dates soon and you will have more than enough chance to drop-off or ship the soaps before we leave.
So... what are some of the items from Chloemason Soap Company that are traveling with us? This list is the must have and will help all the mama out there travel much lighter.
(1) KITCHEN SOAP. If you have a young one traveling with you, a kitchen soap is a must. You can use this soap to wash dishes, baby bottles, to dirty / stained shirts. Best of all, if you are going swimming, this bar of soap can wash the swimming outfits.
(2) DAILY SOAP. I am bringing the OAT MILK HONEY LAVENDER SOAP for Mason and Chloe, as well as PEPPERMINT MUGWORT GREEN TEA CLAY for David and I. The Oat Milk soap are slightly slippery but very moisturizing due to the nutrients from oats. They are definitly a simple, healthy choice for little one. Mugwort, 艾草, soap for me when i travel. Call me superstitious, but mugwort is know to wear off evil spirits and keep us safe. Thus, the 平安皂 is born when we travel.
(3)BOO BOO STICK. There are countless, unexpected incidents and boo boos along with Chloe and Mason ... needless to say, this item is traveling with me.
(4)ALOE VERA (AFTER SUN) HEALING CREAM. This is a daily constant for Mason due to his dry skin and eczema. We use this cream as daily moisturizer... and just in case if we had too much sun, this is a great balm for relief sun burn ( or redness).
(5)DEODORANT. I am brining HER + HIS deodorant on this trip. I have been use natural deodorants since the day we start to offer this product. At the time, I was still breastfeed Mason and worried about what products I wear around the breast area. This deodorant was a life saver ( for me and Mason). The HER ( white color ) and HIS ( grey with charcoal ) are very popular products on Etsy shop. And... YES, they are all natural.
(6)RAW SHEA & HEMP ANTI-AGING CREAM. I am not brining anything liquid during vacation so I won't have to worry about package leaking in my bags. Raw Shea & Hemp Anti-Aging Cream is a well round, anytime moisturizer for my face as well as on body. The oils are NOT oily. It absorbs easily and keeps my skin hydrated all day.
(7) THE SMALL ITEMS - i will also be brining LIP BALM as always, YARROW BREATHING BETTER RUB for sniffle days, essential oils in small quantity, and some... DEAD SEA SALTS. I purchase salts in bulk and bring them on vacation with me for many reasons. It is a super remedy for colds / cough / asthma / congestion as a salt steam. The salts are also great for sore muscles, tired legs, or even cramps.
There are no bottles of liquids needs to go on our trips. Things just got easier when you bring all natural products!!
This blog is made by Sharon Lee, an artist, soap-maker, and a mom of two beautiful children, Chloe and Mason!!