2 bar of Chloemason laundry soap ( 4 bar pack, $12 )
1 cup of washing soda ( 55 oz box at Walmart / $3.97 )
1 cup of borax ( 65 oz box at Walmart / $4.47 )
1/3 cup of baking soda ( 12 lb bag at Walmart / $7.57 )
Water ( hot water)
Essential oil (optional)
Tools you will need:
Hand blender or whisk.
Cheese shredder. This will be for soap only. You can get them at Walmart or event the Dollar store.
Big glass container. I love my pyrex 2 quart measuring cup!
Couple 16 - 32 oz mason jars.
(1) Shred 2 bars of Chloemason laundry soap. The soaps are very easy to shred and can be melt in the warm water easily.
(2) Add 4 cups of hot water to the shredded soap. Stir and melt until everything is dissolved. This won't take long at all!
(3) Add the borax (1 cup), washing soda(1 cup), and baking soda(1/3 cup) to the melted soapy water.
(4)Give the mixture a quick stir / blend with whisk or hand blender. NOW LET IT SIT UNTIL COOL! ** if you see the soap separate after a few minutes, it is totally normal. The mixture will look like yogurt float on top of soapy water.**
(5)In the gallon container or bucket, fill up with 6 cups of warm water. Mix the cooled soap mixture with the 6 cups of warm water in the bucket. Now BLEND BLEND BLEND to soap whip.
** The mixture will become "whip" like. No separation at this point. **
(6) ADD essential oil. 20 drops of essential oil of your choice. Blend again till smooth.
(7) Fill your mason jars with soap whip. You don't have to use mason jars. Any glass or plastic container that's clean and easy accessible can be used.
This soap is perfect for HE washing machine because it is low suds solution.
Regular load: Add 2 table spoon full to the wash machine first. Then add laundry.
Larger load: Use 3-4 table spoon.
TOTAL COST OF ONE BATCH OF SOAP WHIP: ~ $7.24 + tax. ( not including essential oil cost).
This blog is made by Sharon Lee, an artist, soap-maker, and a mom of two beautiful children, Chloe and Mason!!